The Global Product Control and Valuation team is looking for a hands-on junior risk analyst that wants to work in an international team that operates in a monthly cycle with peaks around quarter end and year end. You are not afraid of processing work, like to work with macros, are keen to improve processes and have affinity with accounting. You are part of the Risk organization and connect trading, risk and accounting. You understand valuation, inputs to valuation, pricing models and reserving.
As part of Financial Risk, the Trading Risk department globally supports a wide area of businesses within Financial Markets across trading hubs in Europe, Asia and United States. Trading Risk in Amsterdam is a team of approx. 60 people housing the market risk management and the product control responsibilities of the Amsterdam trading books and some globally centralized or consolidated functions. Market risk looks at the movement in market parameters, such as interest rates, credit spreads, FX and rates.
Within that scope, Global Product Control & Valuation is a central team that is globally responsible for execution, analysis and advise on:
- the monthly valuation adjustment processes for ING Globally
- Spin off work to collect evidence for correctness and completeness
- Quarterly fair value hierarchy and related disclosures
- ING’s valuation (adjustment) framework, reporting towards senior management and face the external auditor
- Market Data Committee, COREP reports, concentration AVA and disclosures for quarterly reporting
- Day One P&L reserving
- Ad hoc projects
We are looking for an individual to join the team and take ownership of some of these processes/reports.
You will be part of a team of 5 professionals, each with their own specific tasks and knowledge. The team is driven by monthly, quarterly and yearly accounting cycles. Next to that, the team awaits the results of an ECB inspection, to kick off some interesting changes in the current workflows.
Your work environment
The team has an open, informal atmosphere. Some key words relating to the work and the team are:
- Structured way of thinking and way of working
- Peaks round month end and even bigger peaks in quarter end and year ends.
- Linking pin between FIFM Risk and Finance
- Eye for detail and making sure work is done completely and correctly
- Trying to learn from each other to make the total more than the sum of the components.
You will work closely with many internal and external parties such as risk managers (globally), finance, senior management, the external accountant and regulators. We work in a dynamic environment, balancing daily and monthly work with increasing demands from the regulators and the internal and external accountants.
Who we are looking for?
A successful candidate should have strong analytical skills, a sharp eye for detail and a structured way of thinking. As the role is global, the candidate should have good communication skills and a pro-active attitude. He or she owns his work until it is correct and complete and can be explained to senior management. You get to own some of the processes and the maintenance in the programming that is required for keeping these processes running.
- 0-2 years of experience in the Risk or Finance domain
- Academic level, preferable in Economics/Finance
- Good communication skills
- Work precise and see things through till they are complete
- Flexible, work under pressure
- Fluent in English
- Understands Visual Basic, has experience working with Access, Excel
- Likes to learn more about the Risk and finance organization and balance sheet side of risk
What do we offer?
A fulltime job (40 hours) and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life..
To give you an idea we list some of the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and working location
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. For further inquiries, please contact Yves Schols +31611159589 or mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your CV and motivation. We are looking forward to your application! For more information on vacancies please check www.ING.nl/carriere