Would you like to work at the heart of the Bank’s complexity? Do you want to use your analytical and communication skills to make a difference? And would you like to have a view on the front-to-back processing chain of a large Dutch bank with an extensive international network? If this appeals to you, then the Accounting Tribe is your match!
We translate our rather complex, primarily global Wholesale Banking, business activities into financial records in line with the latest regulatory and tax requirements. Demand therefore can come from three angles:
1) new or changed products/business lines;
2) regulators, central banks and/or tax authorities;
3) process optimization requests from the end user community. All angles trigger/urge us to analyse the impact and to design, test and implement a solution in the processing chain.
In a nutshell for this role it is crucial that you have strong analytical capabilities as well as an interest in accountancy, processes, IT and banking products. You will analyse the processes, assess the impact and you will will make sure that the business- and user requirements are covered in the change releases. You have a strong drive to learn about the Accounting domain and the tools and techniques under your squad’s responsibility. Within this position, you have either the possibility to develop yourself into a specialist in a certain domain or to develop to a generic profile with managerial responsibilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an academic talent with a pragmatic mindset that is able to quickly learn about the domain of the squad you will be working in. You get your energy from using your analytical skills to bring complete solutions for the requested change. In this process, you have the capability to quickly build relationships with your stakeholders, both inside and outside your squad. To be able to do this, you have good communication skills. You are able to convincingly put forward proposals and are a real team player in reaching broad agreement on the path to follow.
You are an enthusiastic person that is not afraid to challenge the status quo. With your fresh mindset, you are able to translate external trends into practices that can be implemented within our Tribe.
Role and responsibilities
As a Business Analyst, you will be working in a constructive, multidisciplinary squad composed of business analysts, engineers and a product owner. Together, you work on a common purpose, e.g. Wholesale Banking Lending, Financial Markets, Payments and/or Group Treasury or the Finance own core processes.
Together with your squad members you do everything within your power to realise your common mission day by day. More specifically, this can contain one of the following activities:
- Translation of business needs into Finance user and stakeholder needs [requirements];
- You support the product owner and the squad in managing the backlog by translating epics into features and, together with the squad, into user stories;
- Information/data analysis: you analyze the necessary input, output, and adjustment of data in the end user processes. You analyze the information need. You investigate the quality of captured data and come up with solutions to improve quality;
- Implement and maintain the controls related to minimum accounting standards;
- Supporting strategic initiatives to ensure they are delivered in a timely manner – e.g. by executing functional, acceptance and migration testing;
- Translate (solution) designs into IT solutions by closely working together with IT;
- Second line functional support; daily checking of EOD (timeliness, correctness, completeness of financial/product accounting, reporting, reconciliations, ledger).
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. Furthermore, you have:
- You Possess a University (Master’s) degree in (Management) Accounting & Control, Business IT, Accountancy or (Business) economics – having an exceptional academic track record is a plus;
- Understanding and knowledge of the banking processes;
- Affinity with IT and innovation;
- You have strong analytical skills and are able to take decisions based on data and facts and make use of state of the art methods and technics;
- Excellent (proactive) communication skills with the ability to quickly build relationships with your (international) stakeholders;
- Knowledge of (Product) Accounting concepts;
- You actively ask for help and feedback and are not afraid to give feedback;
- Quick absorber of complex information;
- Has a customer focus and is result driven;
- Team player but also capable of working independently;
- Good communication skills in oral and written English.
Rewards & benefits
The squad, that you are part of, is within in a complex, challenging and international environment. Besides, you get all the opportunities and independence to further develop yourself.
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions here.
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us and apply today!