Your work environment
Financial Markets (FM) is the Bank’s gateway to the professional markets around the world. Our primary function is to service the needs of ING’s clients with products, services and guidance. FM aims to be a significant player in our market leader and challenger markets, with an additional presence in all the major international markets and specialist expertise in selected emerging markets and products.
Equity Markets is part of Financial Markets and provides Research, Sales and Sales Trading services to Institutional Investors while at the same time facilitating ING with the distribution of ECM transactions towards our client base.
You will be part of the Benelux Equity Research team which is based in both Amsterdam and Brussels. The equity platform of ING operates from different financial centers (Amsterdam, Brussels and New York) and is fully integrated with a single P&L and one management team. The platform consists of three main activities: Sales Trading, Sales and Research, with a core focus on the Benelux listed corporates while supporting ECM also outside the Benelux. The role of Technology equity research analyst will be based in Amsterdam where you form a team with our Senior Technology analyst.
Your key responsibilities
- Conducting written company fundamental research and financial analysis including financial modelling & valuation. Writing in-depth bottom-up research reports on Benelux listed Technology companies and performing field research through company visits and asset tours.
- Participate in ECM IPO projects or other ECM transaction.
- Actively pitching ideas and marketing of research reports towards internal international sales desks and external institutional investors in- and outside Europe.
- Maintaining and/or setting up relationships with international institutional clients and on company board level.
- Internally we provide services to our stakeholders like Financial Markets, ECM, Corporate Finance, Structured Finance, Corporate Lending, Private Wealth and other departments within Wholesale Banking.
Who we are looking for?
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Junior Equity Research Analyst specializing in the Technology sector you will also need:
- A Master degree with an emphasis on Finance
- Interest in Financial Markets/Equity Brokerage and Technology
- Strong analytical and commercial skills (including advanced Excel skills)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- Excellent client relationship skills (asset managers and board level)
- Strong drive to excel i.e. the ability to work closely together in a highly demanding surrounding
- The ability to work with deadlines
- Prior industry knowledge or sell-side experience has our preference
Furthermore you are a team player, a self-motivated person, with high ethical standards.
Fluent English speaking/writing is a must, other languages are helpful.
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- A 40-hour working week
- Job grade 9/10 (depending on experience/background)
- Training on the job from a team of very experienced analysts
- High level of responsibility early in the job supporting a very steep learning curve
- Backing from the nr1 Corporate Bank in the Netherlands
- A dynamic international working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours (Dealing room based in Amsterdam)
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Within the Benelux Equity Research department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- The possibility to participate in courses and trainings
- The possibility to grow within an international department