ING is looking for high potential junior candidates to strengthen and extend its Model Risk Oversight (MRO) which is a new tribe of the Model Risk Management (MoRM) team. MRO is a fast growing, energetic, and an international team of highly qualified professionals. MRO is developing and rolling out the new MoRM framework for all models used in ING globally.
As a Junior Model Risk Expert, you will be responsible of rolling out the model risk management framework covering end to end model life cycle globally and:
- Brings expert knowledge on the subject, such as modeling, credit risk, market risk, KYC, pricing, analytics and participates in actively sharing knowledge with stakeholders
- Contributes to the global roll-out of the Model Risk Management framework and organizes workshops, and trainings for large group of stakeholders
- Performs maturity assessments on entity level and provides recommendations for improvement related to the embedding of the Model Risk Management framework
- Contributes to the organization’s efforts in responding and reporting to regulatory bodies
- Follows current and new regulatory requirements and best practices in model risk management
We look for a colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and knack for always being a step ahead. You strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions.
- Has a quantitative degree
- Interest in Data Analytics is welcomed, knowledge is a plus
- Is familiar with/proficient in risk related topics, e.g. credit risk models, market risk models, IRRBB & ALM models, KYC & Financial Crime models, analytics, counterparty credit risk, pricing, finance, etc.
- Experience with digital tooling, dashboard creation, and visualization is a plus
- Research skills, to be able to explore new developments relevant for model risk management
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills
- Good listener and interviewer, receptive to the feedback from the stakeholders
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills to be able to explain to different audience the policy requirements and their application
- Willing to travel to other ING locations occasionally
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behavior is fully aligned with these values. For more information about the Orange Code: ING-Orange-code.
You are part of the MRO tribe based in Amsterdam. The MRO tribe consists currently of five squads, and this role will be in the Entity Embedding squad. The role requires interactions with many (senior) stakeholders on a variety of potentially high profile topics. The environment that you work in can be described as dynamic, professional with fast changing requirements and needs. The MoRM is currently adopting the ING Agile One Way of Working.
What do we offer:
- 36 hours of 40 hours workweek
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- A good salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Pension scheme
- A 13th month and holiday allowance,
- Contribution to individual savings - a personal budget for additional days vacation or additional salary payout
- A public transport ticket for the Netherlands or travel budget
- Possibilities for training
- An empowering culture & future career opportunities within Global ING organization