Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Do you like to build strong software development teams with awesome developers, testers, and designers? If yes, then this is a unique opportunity for you!
We are looking for a junior team lead software engineering for the Digital department and offer a great opportunity to grow inside the company! As a team lead, you will coach 2 -3 of our scrum teams and you will do everything you can to make sure that your teams are happy, grow and get better in what they do every day! You are mainly focused on coaching the team on both hard & soft skills, hiring the right people, and keeping an eye on the delivery of the team.
Jumbo Tech Campus: where it all happens
This is a team lead position within the JTC Digital department: where we work on the customer-facing digital applications (for example the Jumbo website and the Jumbo app). As a team lead, coaching and supervising multiple cross-functional development teams is your main task. Your ultimate goal is to facilitate growth both on a personal and professional level as well as on a team level. You will be the team lead of 2 or 3 different development teams. These teams consist of a Scrum Master, analysts, developers, testers, UX designer and product owner.
There's no I in Jumbo
As a Team Lead Software Engineering, you will need empathy, patience, good listening, and curiosity for your team. You are open to receiving and giving constructive feedback. With your knowledge and experience, you are a sparring partner for other team leads within Jumbo. You are the initiator of change, and:
- You can grow the team by coaching the team members and provide them with constructive feedback;
- You will be HR responsible for the people in your team and you will have the responsibility to hire new colleagues;
- You will be working together with the scrum master, product owner, technical pathfinders and other team leads to help the team deliver high-quality products and improve the speed of delivery;
- You will meet regularly with the development manager and other team leads to align your department's vision, celebrate the team's successes and discuss issues that need to be addressed.
Do you have the Jumbo DNA?
We challenge you every day to evaluate, adapt and overcome the challenges that we face in our highly demanding environment. You don't wait for things to happen, you make things happen. You speak and write English fluently, and can tick all of the following boxes:
- Technical background: several years of working experience within IT, preferably as a developer;
- You have a passion for people;
- You like managing, assessing, and coaching employees;
- You have experience in communicating on all levels within the company.
You will code for food
Shaping the future of online food retail is a challenging job. We will offer you plenty of space to develop your own initiatives and lots of opportunities to grow, both personally and in your area of expertise. Also, you will be surrounded by the best and brightest talents to share your ideas, knowledge, and memes with.