“You have flown with us, but what do you know about all the business operations and technology behind every flight?”
Because of the rapidly changing environment, KLM has set its aim to become the most data & technology-driven airline in the world.
Changing our way of working, modernizing our technology stack and architecture and the right positioning of the people in this Data & Technology organization is key in achieving this ambition.
The Business Product Analyst (BPA) is the central agent in this process, translating the business needs into product development projects.
What are you going to do?
A Business Product Analyst (BPA) supports the product team in achieving the maximum value-potential of the product by ensuring the product is built according to the right requirements, driving user adoption and realizing business process change. The BPA is responsible for analyzing product impact in order to make this measurable.
This is done by envisioning what the to-be business process should be after the product is implemented, and iterating on this process design by collaborating closely with (key) users
When a tool has already been implemented, the BPA uncovers points of user dissatisfaction and mitigates these
Because a BPA collaborates so closely with users, they are aware of their needs and pain points, putting them in an excellent position to inspire the organization with opportunities for new products.
As a BPA the key result areas you are responsible for are:
- Facilitate business process change by understanding the current business process;
- Gathering, specifying and prioritizing user requirements;
- Supporting the PO in prioritizing features by clarifying expected user value of features;
- User Acceptance Testing to validate if the user acceptance criteria are met, support in Business Process testing;
- Analyzing the business impact generated by the product according to the KPI(s) and other business metrics as predetermined in the product business case;
- Perform the necessary technical configurations to adjust a (vendor) application to user requirements;
- Drive user adoption by uncovering user requirements a.o. by organizing product workshops, explanation sessions, etc.
- Support others in the product team by taking over certain tasks from them;
- Ensuring proper Data Management.
Where do you land?
The HR platform is responsible for the innovative technology/tools which can be found throughout the complete employee journey (e.g. from sourcing & onboarding new colleagues until rewarding & retaining employees and managing the exist of an employee). And the best part in all this: Our tools are used throughout the entire organization; we are in contact with everyone within KLM!
The Flight platform assures a well prepared flight that can be executed safely & efficiently. Enable qualified & engaged crew that is able to service our customer according to our customer experience strategy.
Platform Ground will support Ground Services (both Amsterdam and international stations) in enabling a smooth passenger journey from the arrival at the airport until boarding is completed and improve the turnaround processes both on the apron as well as in the terminals.
Integral Planning & Control:
The Integrated Planning & Control platform is responsible for developing a flight schedule that is flexible to enable us to fly where and when there is a market while balancing utilization and robustness, deliver on our customer network promises and reduce nonperformance costs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive professional with the necessary knowledge and experience in understanding and improving business processes and translate improvements and business requirements into technological developments; someone who will help us to continuously improve and maximize the value of our products on an on-going basis.
In addition, if you happen to fit the following criteria, then we are looking for you!
- An education at at least Bs level;
- Experience in modelling business processes using common techniques like BPMN and UML modelling;
- The ability to use data analysis techniques to analyze the impact of a product on defined key performance indicators;
- A good knowledge of data management principles and on how to apply these principles;
- Strong communication skills in both English and, preferably, Dutch at different levels;
- Good at identifying issues and inefficiencies in business processes to create and propose proper solutions;
- Experienced in gathering requirements and translating them into features;
- Familiar with improving user adaption by recognizing and tackling issues with the product.
- Knowledge or experience in any of the described business platform processes is considered a pre
- A challenging role at an unique employer in the Netherlands
- A gross salary between € 2.900,- and € 4.400,- per month, depending on level of experience
- Plenty of room for personal development and wonderful career opportunities
- A good pension scheme, end of the year bonus and 8 percent holiday pay
- 25 days of paid holiday and 5 extra days off
- Great discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months)
- A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol
- Discount of your health insurance
- A personal budget for sustainable employability
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV before the final boarding call on 12/15/2021! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks you will receive a message from us.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact one of the the hiring managers. Call or e-mail the recruiter for questions about the application process. In both cases, don't forget to mention the vacancy number: #8907.
HR: Marieke Koster, Marieke.Koster@klm.com or +31 628760353;
Flight: Furkan Nazli firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 36 46 84 89;
Ground: Bob Mulder email@example.com or + 31 6 18348587 or Rozemarijn Reijnders firstname.lastname@example.org or + 31 6 23626824;
Integral Planning & Control: Eric Zaal Eric.Zaal@klm.com or +31 622502197 or Pierre van Dijk Pierre-van.Dijk@KLM.COM or+31 651535070
Coen Baljon: COEN.BALJON@KLM.COM or +31 629229122