Pharmaceuticals, race horses or vegetables. As a Inventory Analyst, you determine what we transport. Not only are you responsible for your own dedicated set of routes, you are also driven to maximizing the revenue and you land in an environment that is international and dynamic. Through the diversity of jobs, departments and colleagues, you always have the opportunity to surpass your own limitations; every day again.
What are you going to do?
Your main goal is to maximize the contribution on your routes, which you will do by:
- developing the flight steering strategy and ensuring correct settings when flights open for sales;
- forecasting demand (e.g. freesale- and allotted capacity) and contribution on your flights;
- optimizing flight related parameters (e.g. overbooking, bucket settings) during the booking window;
- adjusting the steering for available capacity through ensuring the right traffic mix (e.g. origin, destination, and product) based on detailed analysis;
- allotment acceptance & review and participate in seasonal allotment process;
- supporting the Inventory Team Manager in the monthly budget and forecast process;
- monitoring route performance (e.g. allocation utilization, operational performance) and understands related market dynamics (e.g. market share development, competitor behavior, macro-economic trends);
- identifying causes that hamper optimal flight optimization and proposes solutions for improvement;
- initiating and leading projects related to Inventory Management process enhancement.
Where do you land?
Revenue Management at Air France – KLM – Martinair Cargo is a fully integrated department and responsible for optimizing all the cargo capacity in our network, including that of our partners. This is achieved through three disciplines: Capacity Control, Inventory Management and Pricing Management. The Inventory Management department consists of 2 Inventory Team Managers and two teams of Inventory Analysts (previously known as Revenue Analysts).
The department is situated in the Transport Building at Schiphol Oost.
An energetic professional who dares to make difficult decisions based on detailed analysis. Someone who loves to improve the contribution of their flights day in day out and does not shy away from complex challenges.
You also have:
- A Master degree or appropriate professional and intellectual ability
- Knowledge of cargo processes and organization (preferred).
- Experience with decision support tooling
- Experience with data driven reporting tools
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Proficiency in English language (both spoken and written)
- Strong analytical skills and commercial- & organizational awareness
- A challenging role at an unique employer in the Netherlands
- A gross salary between €2.965,- and €4.200,- per month
- Plenty of room for personal development and wonderful career opportunities
- A good pension scheme, end of the year bonus and 8 percent holiday pay
- 25 days of paid holiday and 5 extra days off
- Great discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months)
- A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol
- Discount of your health insurance
- A personal budget for sustainable employability
KLM has been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. Thanks in part to loans and guarantees from the Dutch Government, we are working on our recovery. Fortunately, working at KLM is still fun! Colleagues are still proud of KLM and the work they do, and many things at KLM remain unchanged and well organised.
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV before the final boarding call on 16 Jan 2022! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks you will receive a message from us. Your application procedure consists of two interviews and an assessment.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact the hiring manager. Call or e-mail the recruiter for questions about the application process. In both cases, don't forget to mention the vacancy number: #9638.
Britta Wilken: BRITTA.WILKEN@KLM.COM or +31618348650
Ismaël Salem: ISMAEL.SALEM@KLM.COM or+ 31 (0) 6 28849433