Every day, thousands of people tune into the Air France/KLM app. The app is developed to make the whole process of buying a ticket, travel preparation and flying as smooth as possible. The app helps users to organize everything themselves on the fly. It is highly valued, but our ambition is higher. This is where you come in.
We believe we can get from good to great by anticipating "true" customer needs:
- No more check-in but still getting your preferred seat
- Exactly knowing when to leave your house to make it stress-free to the gate
- Skipping the queue in general, but above all during flight disruptions
And of course, meeting these needs can't be done without our team of iOS & Android developers.
What are you going to do?
As a Developer you will be working in the joint Mobile Team. We are a bunch of mobile app enthusiasts based in Amstelveen, Paris, Toulouse and Chennai. (in total around 50) The team is set up to explore mobile opportunities for our passengers and to ensure them having a great experience with our airlines. Currently we are in the middle of a big project where we are making an one codebase app of the current AIRFRANCE and KLM.
Innovative and hard-working, but also always in for a good time: that’s the Mobile team right there. Sometimes we like to have table tennis tournaments and every now and then we’ll all meet up for a Friday-afternoon drink on a boat or at a bar. What we do during working hours, you ask? Well, our main focus is the creation of customer-centric apps, such as the app, which helps our customers before, during and after their flight. Next to the native app, we are also in charge of the mobile API. This component lies in between the app and the Air France-KLM API landscape.
We work as Agile self-organizing Product teams and are responsible for the entire life cycle of our products using our mobile products.
Where do you land?
Working at AIR FRANCE KLM means being part of a leading international airline. It also means that you work for the company that was named in 2015 as the most preferred employer among high-level education graduates.
- Lots of freedom in terms of tools, working hours and location
- You’ll be working both from home and in our Amstelveen office
- Mac Book Pro and mobile phone
- Working in an international team of professionals
- Opportunity for personal development and possible promotions
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive professional with the necessary knowledge and experience of technological developments; someone who will help us to improve our products on an on-going basis.
In addition, if you happen to fit the following criteria, then we are looking for you!
- You have completed an IT-related college or university in the direction of Computer Science or similar.
- You have relevant experience in building business apps using Kotlin/Java (Android) and Some experience with Koltin coroutine and and RxJava.
- You have experience with app analytics tooling such as Firebase and Google Analytics
- You know how to connect apps with API's.
- You know how to use Git effectively.
- You have experience with MVVM pattern and LiveData handling.
- You have experienced with working in an Agile environment/Scrum teams.
- You have good communication skills at various organizational levels.
- You have a valid EU work-permit.
- A challenging role at an unique employer in the Netherlands
- A gross salary between € 2.965,40 and € 4.869,85 per month
- Plenty of room for personal development and wonderful career opportunities
- A good pension scheme, end of the year bonus and 8 percent holiday pay
- 25 days of paid holiday and 5 extra days off
- Great discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months)
- A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol
- Discount of your health insurance
- A personal budget for sustainable employability
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV before the final boarding call on <date>! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks you will receive a message from us.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Simone van Leeuwen +31(0)65397 6188. Call or e-mail the recruiter for questions about the application process. In both cases, don't forget to mention the vacancy number: #7843.
Hiring manager: Simone van Leeuwen: Simone-van.Leeuwen@klm.com or +31653976188
Recruiter: Coen Baljon: COEN.BALJON@KLM.COM or +31(0)62922 9122 +31 629229122