Feeling like Neo in the Matrix when he could look behind the curtain and saw the future reality of the (financial) world. Imagine to be part of this whilst being able to get the most out of yourself through the personal growth plan offered through our Young Professional Program – Corporate Banking.
As a Balance Sheet Manager in the Treasury - QRM department your role will be primarily focused on the liquidity risk within Rabobank. What helps in understanding this role is to see the Treasury as a big wallet where deposits flow in and loans/mortgages flow out. Typically these deposits have a shorter term than the loans/mortgages and this poses a liquidity risk for the bank.
To manage this risk we need to optimize our data, our systems (QRM) and know-how to give management all the tools they need be able to make well-informed decisions.
While doing this we have a complete view of the entire bank. This entails looking at a very wide array of different financial products. As well as a global view on risks, markets and developments in the financial world.
This is the ultimate chance to kick-start your career in balance sheet management with lots of challenges and career opportunities!
Making a difference by
- Willing to dive deeper into the Matrix to see how our risk figures are being influenced by data, customer behavior and scenario changes.
- Bring energy into the team by being able to have a fresh, new and creative perspective on liquidity risk related processes.
- Being curious on how the current liquidity risk framework is set up and by asking (critical) questions towards your team members.
- Meeting the challenge of analyzing balance sheet and market developments, and of exploring quantitative tools to maximize efficiency and accurateness in measurement and reporting.
- Understanding what our stakeholders need in order to make decisions.
YPP – Corporate Banking
Whilst working in your role as an Balance Sheet Manager, you will potentially be offered a 1½ year program that focusses on your personal growth path. Within these 1½ year, you will be offered various personal development trainings, coaching sessions and network opportunities, on top of the content driven trainings to enhance your skills required for your daily job. You will have the chance to do a 3 months rotation to another team within Treasury offering you the opportunity to develop new skills, which makes you accelerate as a Young Professional within Rabobank. Are you ready to go beyond expectations in the world of finance and balance sheet management and become the best version of yourself? This is your chance.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Treasury - QRM department brings talented people together in terms of balance sheet risks and their methodologies, risk tooling, policies and risk appetite. The Treasury - QRM department monitors and measures the balance sheet profile and the liquidity risks of the Rabobank.
With Including you as a Balance Sheet Manager, this department will consist of 25 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles within different fields of attention. One of these fields of attention is liquidity risk where you will become active.
- Bas van Tuijl, Team Lead within Treasury - QRM: “Asset and Liability Management is the backbone of banking and requires knowledge about individual client products as well as the steering of the complete balance sheet in terms of interest and liquidity risk. It provides an ideal training ground for anyone interested in a career within the financial sector.”
- Evi Kalogeropoulou, Treasury QRM analyst: “As a part of Treasury - QRM department I was from the first day trusted and supported by my team but most importantly I felt part of an inclusive team with diverse knowledge background. What I find really cool about working in this team is that I have access to the core data and the tools that help both calculate and forecast interest rate and liquidity risk. It is fulfilling that as balance sheet managers we work on projects that aim to improve the balance sheet steering process and the risk position of the bank.”
For the role of junior Balance Sheet Manager in the Treasury - QRM department, essential attributes include customer focus, being a team player, strong communication skills, and eagerness to learn. In addition, it's important that you recognize the checklist below:
- A Master in a quantitative study such as Financial Economics or Engineering;
- Affinity in working with large datasets and being able to translate these into a meaningful message by using analytical or statistical tooling. This can be either during your study or previous work experience.
Growing a better world togetherWING A BETTER WORLD TOGETHER – RABOBANK
You'll may already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to lasting change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Our ‘Banking for Food’ and ‘Banking for the Netherlands’ vision and our Sustainability Programme ‘Sustainably Successful Together’ help us achieve our contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Working toward a new generation of risk models that not only fulfil regulatory requirements, but also allow us to expand our reach and help more people, communities and societies to thrive. Safeguarding our investments in nature, culture, agriculture and development with risk models that sustain and advance the bank’s position.
Besides an awesome learning experience in finance you can also expect:
- a gross competitive monthly salary between EUR 3260,- and EUR 5380,- (JG 7) (classification depends on education, knowledge and experience);
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- working from home allowance for days you work at home;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or (motor)bike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you going to take the Red or Blue pill? Do you think you are the Chosen One? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- The ultimate start date is 1st of April (equal to the kickoff date of the YPP Corporate Banking), but in consultation with the manager you can already start the 1st of February.
- Apply via the “Apply now” button with your CV and cover letter before15th of January 2022. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacaturemanagement policy.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Bas van Tuijl, Team Lead QRM, on Bas.van.Tuijl@rabobank.nl
- Diana Kreugel, Corporate Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Diana.Kreugel@rabobank.nl
- The application process may include screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy may include an individual assessment.
- We want to use your talent in the broadest sense and would like to look at your response more broadly than this vacancy. Your profile will be included in the Talentboard Risk. If you object to this, you can indicate this by e-mail at Finance.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!