Do you want to commit to a critical challenge and help to shape our future? Become part of an energy company who want to take charge in driving towards a fossil free future. We are looking for a analytical mind to join us as our new Junior Forecasting & Pricing Analyst.
About the role
The current energy transition strongly increases opportunities and the complexity of the Forecasting, Sourcing and Pricing function. Growth towards world class execution will be a key lever for Business Sales (BtB) NL’s future commercial performance. It requires an analytical approach, in depth knowledge, advanced modelling and effective processes. It requires an integrated approach, translating the volatility of the wholesale market and risks into attractive customer propositions, whilst managing related values and risks.
Team members within Solutions Development are responsible for creating (new) sustainable solutions for customers with partners inside and outside Vattenfall. The associated responsibility for the result and risk management are an integral part of this. Digital innovation is increasingly playing a role in this. In this team you therefore work on the results of today as well as on the changes aimed at in the future. You will report to the Manager Solutions Development and work with a young and ambitious team.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Execute daily forecasting and pricing processes for Business Sales (BtB) NL, ensuring up-to-date portfolio insights and a market-based and risk-covering cost price for the sourcing of electricity and gas;
- Developing models with your team based on customer behaviour;
- Initiation and support of initiatives to increase the level of automation, flexibility and intelligence in required processes;
- Build up thorough knowledge of (developments in) the wholesale market, in value and risk models, and in changes in market processes and regulations;
- Learning to develop scenarios to balance the value and risks of our customers with those of Vattenfall.
You are our fresh pair of eyes. With your creativity you not only analyze data but also initiate improvements. While working you seek out ways to learn more about your field because of your curiosity. You are able to learn to work with sophisticated mathematical models. Working close with other members of the team – sharing ideas and developing models together, gives you energy.
As Junior Forecasting & Pricing Analyst you ideally have the following qualifications:
- An academic degree of a relevant quantitative/financial discipline, such as econometrics, engineering, mathematics, physics or similar;
- You have an interest in or experience in Python and SQL, including ability and ambition to quickly improve skills.
- Fluent in English and in Dutch.
The energy market is in an exciting transition, moving away from fossil fuels towards decentral solutions, renewables and energy efficiency. Important drivers are changes in customer expectations and behavior and rapid technological developments. Our ambition is to take the lead in this transition.
At Vattenfall you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth. You get the opportunity to create your own career within the company. Next to that, you will receive a market-orientated salary with good secondary benefits.