Cognizant currently seeks a junior Financial analyst to support pursuit leaders in Europe through Financial reporting activities as well as the lifecycle of Strategic pursuits and/or Deal pursuits by developing the commercial proposition for complex multi-disciplinary services. The goal of position is that you will be guided and trained towards a pricing lead position with the following responsibilities.
- Integrating the overall commercial proposition to client;
- Defining/developing pricing strategies & commercial model options/scenarios for financial evaluation; and
- Supporting commercial negotiations in the response and subsequently contracting phase.
- Assisting with Deal qualification – early hypothesis and high-level estimation of financial deal shape;
- Ensuring deal propositions are commercially attractive to client and Cognizant – ensuring that Cognizant’s financial targets are appropriately factored into the deal;
- Coordinating with the Accounting function to define and analyse scenarios for financial evaluation;
- Supporting the Pursuit/Relationship Lead in leading the commercial negotiation through defining negotiation positions/strategies for pricing and key commercial terms
- Defining initial positions for key Terms and Conditions.
- Drafting commercial/pricing contract schedules in line with agreed commercial strategy and coordinate with Legal on Contract drafting.
- Identifying and managing all commercial issues, including commercial alignment of any sub-contracting arrangements with commercial basis of prime; and
- Supporting internal Processes for Commercial & Executive Deal reviews.
- Developing and contributing to improving the organization’s commercial expertise;
- Establishing & effectively communicating the commercial engagement model for strategic engagement pursuits and assisting in developing Cognizant’s overall pursuit management framework/process; and
- Reinforcing the level of general expertise in commercial deal structuring for account teams through training and the development of commercial deal shaping collateral and IP.
- Support M&A activity pre- and post-acquisition
- Proposing commercial model(s) and aligning the pursuit value proposition to client objectives and identified Win Themes;
- Defining pricing strategies and identifying potential commercial models;
- Overseeing the commercial deal shape (pricing models and Value optimization levers) -working with the Lead Solution Architect to optimise the relationship of solution shape to commercial proposition;
Training, support and coaching
Prior to you starting you will attend a 3 weeks Graduate Introduction Program for graduates abroad (Spain) ) to ensure you have a solid understanding of Cognizant’s culture and processes. You have the opportunity for further training and support by our own Academy to help you achieve your long-term career goals. In addition to your day to day project manager, we’ll assign a mentor to ensure you get all the help and support you need to start your career on the best footing.New hire training normally starts in January, April or September. These are also the moments when you will start.
- Affinity with Financial reporting & analysis, commercial contracting and business case evaluations
- A MBA or Master’s degree from a well-respected university is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (in Dutch AND in English)
- Ability to succeed in a matrix environment through collaborative leadership.
- Strong excel skills are required
- High impact personable individual who can be immediately credible with both internal and client stakeholders.
- A collaborative team player with experience of leading multi- disciplinary teams across multiple geographies and time zones.
- Strong interpersonal skills - with the emotional intelligence to relate effectively to a range of individuals with significantly different personality types and/or cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent listening, written & oral communication/presentation skills
- Strong Analytical skills with ability to see the "big picture" while also driving execution
- Organized and self -motivated with an excellent attention to detail and accuracy. Demonstrating a high level of technical, financial, and business acumen
The candidate must have demonstrable experience in:
- Deal modeling and financial architecture skills in developing creative constructs for various types of commercial models and approaches, P&Ls, cash flow analysis and revenue recognition concepts;
- Developing and negotiating financially sound solutions and constructs that will provide high value to both Cognizant and its customers throughout the full life cycle of the pursuit phase of the transaction.
- Negotiation skills are preferable
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment.