NN Investment Partners’ Legal & Compliance department is searching for a junior Paralegal/Legal support colleague with a hands on mentality and interest in (international) documentation law.
Your main responsibilities
Support the three lawyers of the NNIP capital markets team in their daily work.
The support consists of:
- Arrange for sign-off and execution of documentation and complete the post-execution of documentation, including archiving soft and hard copies and keeping excel overviews regarding our documentation up-to-date and web-based tools such as Markit’s tool ISDA Amend;
- Support lawyers in relevant projects and initiatives by gathering and reviewing ancillary legal documentation, constitutional documents, extracts of the chamber of commerce, articles of association etc.
- Take care of email communication of the common mailbox: collect answers and send responses, due filing of communication.
- Review, negotiate and execute various types of agreements including broker terms and conditions, amendment agreements for ISDA, MCA, GMRA and similar contract documentation.
Your experience and skills
HBO Legal qualification or experience in a similar paralegal role;
▪ Proven Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat skills;
• Good command of English and Dutch (written and spoken);
▪ Experience in handling ISDA documentation is a plus.
- Service minded
- Pro-active and hands-on mentality
- Attention to detail
- Stress resistant and able to deal with tight deadlines
- Structured and organised
- Team player
What we have to offer
- An entrepreneurial and performance driven culture that gives you the freedom to use your talent, express your ideas and execute them;
- A multicultural, professional and dynamic environment stimulating you to get the best out of you and accelerate your career development;
- Modern working conditions that give room for individual choices;
- 32 hour working schedule
- Based in The Hague.
Your department and challenge
The Legal & Compliance (L&C) function of NN Investment Partners (NN IP) consists of 60+ professionals in Europe (The Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, Czech and Luxembourg), the United States (New York) and Asia Pacific (Singapore) and is divided into 2 departments: Legal and Compliance.
The Legal department can be sub divided into two teams.
Team Funds & Asset Management focuses on (i) delivering legal support to the NN funds in The Netherlands, Belgium and Poland, (ii) the negotiation of (fiduciary) asset management agreements and global fund distribution agreements, (iii) corporate affairs and (iv) Regulatory Affairs.
Team Investments Support offers legal services to the investment managers and back office departments relevant for the actual carrying out of investment transactions. Within the Team Investments Support the NN IP Capital Markets team focuses on (i) the negotiation and execution of capital market documentation and (ii) regulatory developments in the capital market space.
The vacancy for Paralegal / Legal Support is in the Team Investments Support. The Paralegal / Legal Support will work closely with colleagues of various departments within NN IP in The Hague and other NN IP offices.